Before we begin the actual restoration work on this project, there are a number of people who have contributed up to this point to make this all possible so we would like to acknowledge and thank the following:
- Hamish Stroud who originally purchased the tanker truck from the East Coast, USA.
- Duane Jones from the California Roadster Company who mobilised and transported the tanker to the shipper’s yard in CA.
- Steve Curle, Craig Robb and the team at Kiwi Shipping in CA, USA who stored and then freighted the tanker to New Zealand.
- Peter and Yvonne Phillips who purchased the tanker in CA back in 2013, and then imported it into NZ. We are extremely grateful to Peter and Yvonne for allowing us the opportunity this year to pick up and run with the project which they had the vision to undertake.
- Tom Andrews from the Classics Museum in Hamilton, NZ for his ongoing positivity and enthusiasm about the restoration. As always, Tom has been exceptionally supportive and generous with his time and advice.
- Ian (Kermit) Armstrong for his help with retrieving and collecting parts for the project.
- Bryan Belcher for his vast knowledge of Diamond T’s, trucks and vehicles in general, and his ongoing help.
- Our son, Mitch Keys, from Electric Creative Ltd for his patience in helping us with modern-day technology :-), for creating this blog and for his continual support and contribution on every project we undertake. www.electricdesigns.co.nz